Problems related to unsuccessful connection to the internet are mainly because of an out-of-date or corrupted wireless driver. If the wireless driver is the culprit, reinstalling it will solve the issue. The steps for clean re-installation are as follows:
- Download the latest version of the driver using an Internet connection and finding the driver from the support website of the manufacturer.
- Uninstall the Driver from the device manager.
- Finally, reboot the computer and install the downloaded driver.
Reinstalling Wireless Driver in Windows (10/7/XP)
Step 1: Visit the support page of the manufacturer and enter details such as Serial Number/Product Number to correctly identify your device and view the drivers supported by your model.
Step 2: Download the proper wireless Driver which has the word ‘Wireless‘ in it and save it. Do not run it as of now.
Uninstalling the Current Driver
Step 1: Press Win + X simultaneously and select Device Manager. The device manager will pop up.
Step 2: Scroll and find Network Adapters and expand it. Find the name of the Driver which has the word ‘Wireless‘ in it and double click it.
Step 3: Under the Driver tab click on Uninstall Driver and uninstall it completely such that all files associated with the driver are deleted and it completely disappears from the Device Manager. If an option appears like Remove the installation file from the system then make sure to check it. Restart your system.
Reinstalling the Driver
- Unplug any Ethernet cable attached and browse for the Driver which was downloaded earlier.
- Unzip it and Start the Installation.
- Follow all the processes related to installation and upon finishing the driver would be reinstalled and any previously occurring issue will be resolved.
- Try connecting to the wireless connection now.
- If the issue doesn’t resolve then there is a problem somewhere else. In this case contact the Customer Support of the manufacturer and they will assist further.
- How to update Sound Drivers in Windows PC?
- Traditional wireless mobile communication
- 5G: The Future Of Wireless Networks?
- What is 5G Wireless Technology and How it Works?
- What is Wi-Fi(Wireless Fidelity)?
- The Power Of 5G WISDOM Wireless Communication
- Windows 10 –Feel the Difference
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Useful CMD commands for daily use in Windows OS
- Wi-Fi Password of All Connected Networks in Windows/Linux
- Creating Python Virtual Environment in Windows and Linux
- IDE for Python programming on Windows
- Setup GitLab Repository On Windows 10
- How To Use Bash Shell Natively On Windows 10
- Cross-platform Windows / Raspberry Pi project with C++, OpenCV and Gtk
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Stuck at "Updating Your System”
- Introduction and Installation of Heroku CLI on Windows machine
- Why Linux Hosting is Cheaper than Windows Hosting ?
- How to create a Folder without any name and icon in Windows OS?
- Why are there two folders - Program Files and Program Files (x86) in 64-bit Windows OS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.