Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is the most prestigious competitive exam, taken for seeking admission in graduate schools across the United States. GRE needs ample amount of preparation and time devotion. Following are the steps, which must be kept in mind while preparing for GRE-
- Plan Well for GRE:
Plan a couple of months before, you actually want to take your GRE exam. GRE needs proper time devotion. Also ensure there is enough time left, if in any case you wish to retake the exam.
- Understand the pattern:
GRE follows a pattern for the questions, which are to be asked in the exam. Try to be familiar with that pattern.
- Practice Well:
Practice test papers and try to learn from the mistakes you make.
- Know Your Weak Areas:
After you have identified your weak areas, work on improving them.
- Good Study Material:
Follow a GRE study book, by any leading publisher and regularly practice questions from that book.
- Devote Proper Time:
Make it a point to devote time daily, for your GRE preparations. GRE needs preparation so make sure you use your time efficiently.
- Plan Your Study:
Keep a check on your daily practice by preparing a proper timetable for the preparation.
- Sit Meticulously:
GRE is a lengthy test, where you need to sit for Get a lot of practice. You have to get used to sitting and testing for over four hours so you won’t be in for any surprises on the day of the test.
- Practice Questions:
Practice the frequently asked questions in GRE. Be familiar with the type of questions being asked.
- Physical Wellness:
Physical health is equally important, while you are preparing for GRE. Take a proper diet and exercise regularly. A healthy mind, lives in a healthy body. Never ignore your health while you are preparing for your final day.
- Mental Wellness:
Give ample rest to your brain. Take frequent breaks between your study. Do not overtire your brain.
- Self Motivation:
Always be self motivated and aim high for achieving your goal. Self motivation is the primary necessity for achieving success.
- How to Prepare a Word List for the GRE General Test
- How to prepare test case report for a Project?
- How to prepare for Google Asia Pacific University (APAC) Test ?
- GRE General Practice Test Series 2019 | GeeksforGeeks
- How to Prepare for HR Interviews
- How to prepare for top MNCs?
- What is Competitive Programming and How to Prepare for It?
- How Should a Fresher Prepare for a Job Interview?
- Tips to prepare for GATE
- How to prepare for GATE CSE - 2019
- Important Tips on How To Prepare for the GRE
- How to prepare for Infosys - The Complete guide
- 6 Tips to Prepare Behavioural Interview Questions
- Quantitative Reasoning in GRE General
- Verbal Section in GRE General
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : riarawal99