The GRE experimental section is the most popular and highly discussed section among all the aspirants. It has gained massive popularity from the fact that no marks are awarded for this particular section.
The experimental section can be either verbal, quantitative, or analytical writing task. This section contains a set of new questions that ETS is considering to use in future. Based on the time the aspirant takes to solve these questions, ETS classifies the question as easy, medium or difficult. Thus the name experimental is truly justified as the experimental questions are being tested on the aspirant for which no marks are awarded. It is difficult to identify which section is experimental, since it appears to be identical to the real section. Fortunately, this section is not adaptive, which means the difficulty level of other sections will not be affected by the performance in this particular section. Paper based GRE has no experimental section included in it.
There is a way to identify the experimental section if it turns out to be analytical writing. Then for issue task only one topic will be given. Also, analytical section is always the first section in GRE. The aspirant can thus know, that the section is experimental and can devote less time for this particular section. There are times, when instead of the experimental section, a research section is provided. In this case, the aspirant can skip the entire section. Also, there are times when no additional section is provide to the aspirant. But this happens only for a lucky few aspirants others still have to give the experimental section to succeed in GRE.
There is no fruitful way of identifying the experimental section, so the aspirant is always advised to attempt all the sections in a similar manner with a clear focus to succeed in the prestigious GRE exam.
- Verbal Section in GRE General
- Analytical Writing Section in GRE General
- How to Prepare for the GRE General Test
- Quantitative Reasoning in GRE General
- Blog | General facts about the GATE exams
- How to Prepare a Word List for the GRE General Test
- Blog | General facts about the Campus Placement Drive
- GRE General Practice Test Series 2019 | GeeksforGeeks
- Top Machine Learning Trends in 2019
- Neuralink - A Brain-Computer Interface Technology
- Program to implement FLAMES game
- How to hide or show one record from an ng-repeat within a table based on ng-click?
- Brain Machine Interface (BMI)
- How to set placeholder value for input type date in HTML 5 ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.