The Quantitative Reasoning Section is the most scoring section of GRE. This section evaluates the aspirants on their basic mathematical concepts of algebra and geometry. For computer-based GRE, an onscreen calculator is provided to the aspirants and for paper-based GRE, the test centre provides calculator to the aspirants. The problems of this section may be set in real or mathematical situations. Few questions of this section may be combined and collectively are answered based on interpretation of the data or table provided. Such questions are called data interpretation type questions. This section includes four types of questions:
- Quantitative Comparison Type Questions
- Multiple Choice Type Questions
- Multiple Correct Type Questions
- Numeric Entry Type Questions
Basic mathematical reasoning concepts and logics are tested in this section. Speed and accuracy are the prime necessity for success in result. This section checks the aspirants on the following topics:
Numbers and their properties, number patterns, representation of number set, operations in arithmetic.
What will be the HCF of 436 and 327?
Simplification of algebraic expressions, solving simple equality and inequality problems, factorisation, co-ordinate geometry, relations and functions.
Vaibhav makes a profit of Rs. 2 per book by selling his old book, but he pays a monthly rent of Rs. 4 per month to the shopkeeper, who takes his books. How many books should he sell so that at least a profit of Rs. 120 per month is made?
(A) Rs. 62 (B) Rs. 64 (C) Rs. 65 (D) Rs. 66
Answer: (A) Rs. 62
Perimeter, area, volume, congruence and similarity of figures, lines and angles, triangle, quadrilateral and other polygons.
If in a triangle RST, RS = RT, ?R = x + 15°, ?S = 2x + 25° then value of T ?
(A) 64° (B) 71° (C) 69° (D) 78°
Answer: (B) 71°
4. Data Analysis:
Interpretation of data, tables, graphs, charts, pie-charts, Venn-diagrams, random variables, frequency distribution and probability distribution.
Que-1: What percentage of the total girls are in school A?
(A) 18 (B) 22 (C) 17 (D) 15
Answer: (D) 15
Que-2: Which school has least students?
(A) D (B) A (C) B (D) C
Answer: (D) C
- How to Prepare for the GRE General Test
- Verbal Section in GRE General
- Experimental Section in GRE General
- Analytical Writing Section in GRE General
- How to Prepare a Word List for the GRE General Test
- Blog | General facts about the GATE exams
- GRE General Practice Test Series 2019 | GeeksforGeeks
- Blog | General facts about the Campus Placement Drive
- Understanding Data Attribute Types | Qualitative and Quantitative
- Combining IoT and Machine Learning makes our future smarter
- The role of Artificial Intelligence in Internet of Things
- Difference between Internet and Intranet
- Information Security and Computer Forensics
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.