Prerequisite: Python Language Introduction
Before we start with how to install pip for Python on Linux, let’s first go through the basic introduction to Python. Python is a widely-used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently.
PIP is a package management system used to install and manage software packages/libraries written in Python. These files are stored in a large “on-line repository” termed as Python Package Index (PyPI).
pip uses PyPI as the default source for packages and their dependencies. So whenever you type:
pip install package_name
pip will look for that package on PyPI and if found, it will download and install the package on your local system.
Download and Install pip:
pip can be downloaded and installed using the terminal in Linux by going through the following command:
sudo apt-get install python3-pip python-dev
Beginning the installation:
- Getting Started:
- Providing Disk Space:
- Downloading Libraries:
- Unpacking File bundles:
- Finishing up the Installation:
Verification of the Installation process:
One can easily verify if the pip has been installed correctly by performing a version check on the same. Just go to the command-line and execute the following command:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- How to install PIP on Windows ?
- Download and install pip Latest Version
- How to install pip in macOS ?
- Python PIP
- How to install Anaconda on Linux?
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Linux
- How to install Python on Linux?
- How to install Jupyter Notebook in Linux?
- How to install Python Pycharm on Linux?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Linux?
- How to install requests in Python - For windows, linux, mac
- How to Install Python Pandas on Windows and Linux?
- How to Install SQLObject package on Windows and Linux?
- Python - Install Paramiko on Windows and Linux
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Windows
- Download and Install Python 3 Latest Version
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Android
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on macOS / Mac OS X
- How to install Selenium in Python
- How to install Python on Windows?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.