Python is a widely-used general-purpose, high-level programming language. This article will serve as a complete tutorial on How to download and install Python latest version on Windows Operating System. Since windows don’t come with Python preinstalled, it needs to be installed explicitly. In windows, there is no universal library for installing Python, so it needs to be downloaded like any other GUI application. Here we will define step by step tutorial on how to install Python on Windows.
Download Python Latest Version from python.org
- First and foremost step is to open a browser and open https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/
- Underneath the Python Releases for Windows find Latest Python 3 Release – Python 3.7.4 (latest stable release as of now is Python 3.7.4).
- On this page move to Files and click on Windows x86-64 executable installer for 64-bit or Windows x86 executable installer for 32-bit.
Install Python 3.7.4 Latest Version on Windows
- Run the Python Installer from downloads folder
- Make sure to mark Add Python 3.7 to PATH otherwise you will have to do it explicitly.
It will start installing python on windows.
- After installation is complete click on Close.
Bingo..!! Python is installed. Now go to windows and type IDLE.
This is Python Interpreter. We printed Hello geeks, Python is working smoothly.
- Download and Install Python 3 Latest Version
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Android
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on macOS / Mac OS X
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Linux
- How to install Python on Windows?
- Python | How to download windows lock-screen wallpapers
- How to install Python Pycharm on Windows?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Windows?
- Guide to Install MongoDB with Python | Windows
- How to install PIP on Windows ?
- How to install Anaconda on windows?
- How to install Jupyter Notebook in Windows?
- How to Install Oracle Database 11g on Windows?
- Read latest news using newsapi | Python
- Download Instagram profile pic using Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.