How to Connect to Amazon Linux Instance from Windows Client Operating System using PUTTY?
In this article, we will learn how to connect the Amazon Linux instances from Windows client operating system. For this we will be performing the following operations:
- Create a Linux instance in Amazon AWS.
- Using putty application connect to the Linux instance from the windows client operating system.
Create a Linux instance in Amazon AWS:
Follow the below steps to create a Linux instance in Amazon AWS:
- Click on Launch instances.
- Select the Linux instance.
- Select the type of instance.
- Click on launch and review.
- Click on launch.
- Create a new key pair and download the key pair and click on launch instance.
- Click on view instances and you will see that the instance is in a running state.
- By selecting instance click on the connect option then we will see the following information copy the address as shown in image.
Connect to the Linux instance from the Windows client operating system using Putty:
Follow the below steps to connect to the Linux instance from the Windows client operating system using putty:
- Install and open puttygen application and click on the load.
- Browse and select the keypair file i.e. .pem file and click on the save private key and a .ppk file will be saved.
- Open putty application and paste the host address copied from the connect to instance tab, which we have previously copied.
- Now click on SSH and click on auth tab and browse for the .ppk file which we have saved earlier and then click on open.
- You will be prompted to click on accept, click accept.
- Now the putty terminal will be open where we can access the EC2 install that is running on AWS servers.
- The sudo su command can be used to get root-level permissions.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...