Goldman Sachs Internship Interview Experience
Online Coding Round:
The round was conducted on HackerRank. There were 2 sections – CS and Quant. You are given 1 hour per section. The time doesn’t roll over if you complete one section early. The CS section included 1 Coding question and 8 MCQ questions. The coding question was:
MCQs included question-based on BS, DP, modular arithmetic, time and space complexity analysis. There was negative marking for MCQs.
I completed the coding question and attempted 7 out of 8 MCQs in CS. I did not attempt Quant.
Online Test Ranks matter a lot for your interview slot and overall selection.
I was asked to introduce myself and was asked about what I liked in the pre-placement talk. He then asked me the following questions:-
1. Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod
2. Design a stack that supports getMin() in O(1) time and O(1) extra space
1.Find the middle node of a linked list.
2. Find the minimum number of coins that make a change.
3. 100 Door puzzle
4. Largest subarray with equal number of 0’s and 1’s.The array consists only of 0’s and 1’s.
1.Egg droping puzzle.
2. Minimum steps to reach target.
1. Reverse a string using library functions.
2. Implement LRU cache.
1. Find the missing number.
2. A string is given consisting of only 0s, 1s and ‘?’s. Print all possible strings which can be generated by replacing the ‘?’s by either ‘0’ or ‘1’. Eg. if input is 1??0, then the possible output strings will be 1000, 1010, 1100, 1110.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.