In Go language slice is more powerful, flexible, convenient than an array, and is a lightweight data structure. The slice is a variable-length sequence which stores elements of a similar type, you are not allowed to store different type of elements in the same slice.
In the Go slice of bytes, you are allowed to split the slice after the specified separator using a SplitN() function. This function splits a slice into all subslices after each instance of the given separator and returns a slice of the subslices between those separators. If the given separator is empty, then it splits after each UTF-8 sequence and the count indicates the number of subslices to return. It is defined under the bytes package so, you have to import bytes package in your program for accessing SplitN function.
func SplitN(o_slice, sep byte, m int) byte
Here, o_slice is the original string, sep is the separator, and m is used to find the number of substrings to return. Here, if m>0, then it returns at most m subslices and the last string subslice will not split. If m == 0, then it will return nil. If m<0, then it will return all subslices.
Original Slice: Slice 1: !!GeeksforGeeksGeeks## Slice 2: Apppple Slice 3: %g%e%e%k%s% After splitting: Slice 1: [!!G sforGeeksGeeks##] Slice 2: [A p ppple] Slice 3: 
Final Result after splitting: Slice 1: [****Welcome to GeeksforGeeks****] Slice 2: [Learning how to x trim x a x slice of bytes] Slice 3:  Slice 4: 
- Golang | Splitting the slice after the specified separator
- How to split a slice of bytes after the given separator in Golang?
- Golang | Splitting the string after the specified separator
- Golang | Splitting a Slice Separated by the Specified Expression
- How to trim a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to split a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to repeat a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to replace a specified element in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to replace all the elements in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in lowercase in Golang?
- How to trim prefix from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim suffix from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in uppercase in Golang?
- How to find the last index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to find the first index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.