In Go language slice is more powerful, flexible, convenient than an array, and is a lightweight data structure. The slice is a variable-length sequence which stores elements of a similar type, you are not allowed to store different type of elements in the same slice.
In the Go slice of bytes, you are allowed to split the slice after the specified separator using a SplitAfter() function. This function splits a slice of bytes into all subslices after each instance of the given separator and returns a slice which contains these subslices. It is defined under the bytes package so, you have to import bytes package in your program for accessing SplitAfter function.
func SplitAfter(o_slice, sep byte) byte
Here, o_slice is the slice of bytes and sep is the separator. If the sep is empty, then it will split after each UTF-8 sequence. Let us discuss this concept with the help of the given examples:
Final Result after splitting: Slice 1: [****Welcome, to, GeeksforGeeks****] Slice 2: [Learning x how x to x trim x a x slice of bytes] Slice 3: [G e e k s f o r G e e k s , G e e k] Slice 4: 
Original Slice: Slice 1: !!GeeksforGeeks## Slice 2: Apple Slice 3: %g%e%e%k%s% After splitting: Slice 1: [!!Geek sforGeek s##] Slice 2: [A p p l e] Slice 3: [% g% e% e% k% s% ]
- Golang | Splitting a slice of bytes after the specified separator
- How to split a slice of bytes in Golang?
- Golang | Splitting the slice after the specified separator
- How to trim a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to repeat a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim prefix from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim suffix from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in lowercase in Golang?
- How to find the first index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to replace a specified element in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to replace all the elements in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in uppercase in Golang?
- How to find the last index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
- Check if the Slice of bytes starts with specified prefix in Golang
- How to trim white spaces from the slice of bytes in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.