A regular expression is a sequence of characters which define a search pattern. Go language support regular expressions. A regular expression is used for parsing, filtering, validating, and extracting meaningful information from large text, like logs, the output generated from other programs, etc.
In Go regexp, you are allowed to split a slice into substrings separated by the specified expression with the help of Split() method. This method returns a slice of the substrings between those expression matches and the count represents the number of substrings to return. This method is defined under the regexp package, so for accessing this method you need to import the regexp package in your program.
func (re *Regexp) Split(str string, m int) string
Here, if m>0, then it returns at most m substrings and the last string substring will not split. If m == 0, then it will return nil. If m<0, then it will return all substrings.
[G ksforG ks] [GeeksforGeeks]  [G ksforGeeks] [G eksforGeeks] [ Gee ks Geek s] [ Gee ks123Geek123s]  [ Gee ks Geek s] [123Gee123ks123Geek123s]
[A regular expression is a sequence of characters which define a search pattern.] [A vv regular vv expression v is vv a sequence v of vv characters v which define a vv search pattern.]  [A regular expression is a sequence of characters which define a search pattern.]
- Golang | Splitting the slice after the specified separator
- Golang | Splitting a slice of bytes after the specified separator
- Golang | Extracting Regular Expression from the Slice
- Golang | Checking the byte of slice for specified regular expression
- Golang | Finding Index of the Regular Expression present in Slice
- How to copy one slice into another slice in Golang?
- Golang | Splitting the string after the specified separator
- How to append a slice in Golang?
- How to sort a slice in Golang?
- How to split a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to pass a Slice to Function in Golang?
- How to sort a slice of ints in Golang?
- How to Sort a Slice of Strings in Golang?
- Check if the given slice is sorted in Golang
- How to sort a slice of float64s in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.