In Go language slice is more powerful, flexible, convenient than an array, and is a lightweight data structure. The slice is a variable-length sequence which stores elements of a similar type, you are not allowed to store different type of elements in the same slice.
In the Go slice of bytes, you are allowed to split the slice after the specified separator using a SplitAfterN() function. This function splits a slice into all subslices after each instance of the given separator and returns a slice which contains these subslices. If the given separator is empty, then it splits after each UTF-8 sequence and the count indicates the number of subslices to return. It is defined under the bytes package so, you have to import bytes package in your program for accessing SplitAfterN function.
func SplitAfterN(o_slice, sep byte, m int) byte
Here, o_slice is the original string, sep is the separator, and m is used to find the number of substrings to return. Here, if m>0, then it returns at most m subslices and the last string subslice will not split. If m == 0, then it will return nil. If m<0, then it will return all subslices. Let us discuss this concept with the help of the given examples:
Final Result after splitting: Slice 1: [****Welcome, to, GeeksforGeeks****] Slice 2: [Learning x how x to x trim x a x slice of bytes] Slice 3:  Slice 4: 
Original Slice: Slice 1: !!GeeksforGeeksGeeks## Slice 2: Apppple Slice 3: %g%e%e%k%s% After splitting: Slice 1: [!!Geek sforGeeksGeeks##] Slice 2: [A p ppple] Slice 3: 
- Golang | Splitting a slice of bytes after the specified separator
- Golang | Splitting the string after the specified separator
- Golang | Splitting a Slice Separated by the Specified Expression
- How to split a slice of bytes after the given separator in Golang?
- How to copy one slice into another slice in Golang?
- How to sort a slice in Golang?
- How to append a slice in Golang?
- How to repeat a slice of bytes in Golang?
- Check if the given slice is sorted in Golang
- How to sort a slice of float64s in Golang?
- How to sort a slice of ints in Golang?
- How to Sort a Slice of Strings in Golang?
- How to sort a slice stable in Golang?
- How to pass a Slice to Function in Golang?
- How to trim a slice of bytes in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.