Given a Binary Tree, the task is to flatten it in order of ZigZag traversal of the tree. In the flattened binary tree, the left node of all the nodes must be NULL.
Input: 1 / \ 5 2 / \ / \ 6 4 9 3 Output: 1 2 5 6 4 9 3 Input: 1 \ 2 \ 3 \ 4 \ 5 Output: 1 2 3 4 5
Approach: We will solve this problem by simulating the ZigZag traversal of Binary Tree.
- Create two stacks, “c_lev” and “n_lev” and to store the nodes of current and next level Binary tree.
- Create a variable “prev” and initialise it by parent node.
- Push right and left children of parent in the c_lev stack.
- Apply ZigZag traversal. Lets say “curr” is top most element in “c_lev”. Then,
- If ‘curr’ is NULL, continue.
- Else push curr->left and curr->right on the stack “n_lev” in appropriate order. If we are performing left to right traversal then curr->left is pushed first else curr->right is pushed first.
- Set prev = curr.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
1 2 5 6 4 9 3
Time Complexity: O(N)
Space Complexity: O(N) where N is the size of Binary Tree.
- Flatten Binary Tree in order of Level Order Traversal
- Flatten binary tree in order of post-order traversal
- Find the kth node in vertical order traversal of a Binary Tree
- Calculate height of Binary Tree using Inorder and Level Order Traversal
- Flatten a binary tree into linked list
- Print Binary Tree levels in sorted order | Set 3 (Tree given as array)
- Zig-Zag traversal of a Binary Tree using Recursion
- Clockwise Spiral Traversal of Binary Tree | Set - 2
- Clockwise Spiral Traversal of Binary Tree
- If you are given two traversal sequences, can you construct the binary tree?
- Reverse zigzag Traversal of a Binary Tree
- Kth node in Diagonal Traversal of Binary Tree
- Find n-th node in Postorder traversal of a Binary Tree
- Reverse Clockwise spiral traversal of a binary tree
- Anti Clockwise spiral traversal of a binary tree
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.