Selection Process had two phases.
Pen Paper Coding round (phase 1):
We were handed a booklet consisting of three coding questions, followed by blank space to write the solution for the same.
Q-1: Given a matrix of size n*m, and a point P(c,r). Print the matrix in spiral form(clockwise) starting the point P.
3 3 // n, m
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
1 3 // point P
3 6 5 2 9 8 7 4 1
Ex. Input: 61411726 // string 3 // k Output: 11126
Ex: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Output: 1->2->3->NULL | | | v v v 4->5->6->NULL | | | v v v 7->8->9->NULL | | | v v v --NULL-
Face2Face (phase 2):
There were two technical rounds followed by an HR round.
The interviewer asked four coding questions:
Q – Given a string with repeated consecutive elements. Compress the string by replacing all the consecutive occurrences of the characters by the number of repetition.
Q – Which sorting technique would use to sort an almost sorted array and why? Explain with an example.
The interviewer told me take seat and wait for 2-5 mins. He then gave me the first question.
Q – Given a matrix (NxN) which is row-wise and column-wise sorted. Now print the elements present in the matrix in sorted order. Constraints – Space complexity not greater than O(N). (N is the no. of rows, not the entire matrix size)
As i explained the logic, he asked me to code it, and dry run some test cases.
Q – Given an n-ary tree. Find the LCA of two given nodes.
After this one more interviewer joined, and they both discussed about the first Pen-Paper round and asked about how i came up with the solution.
Asked some questions on OOPs like Order of execution of constructors in inheritance.
They were pretty impressed. Try to be interactive during the interview. They help a lot.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- Factset interview experience
- Factset Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus)
- Factset Interview Experience | On-Campus
- FactSet Interview Experience | (On-Campus)
- Factset Interview Experience | Set 11 (On-Campus)
- Factset Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus)
- Factset Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Factset Interview Experience | Set 12 (On-Campus)
- Factset Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus)
- Factset Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus)
- FactSet On-Campus Interview Experience
- Factset Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)