Expedia Interview Experience | Set 9 (For 1.8 Years Experienced)
1) Technical round
- Explain me any one project / challenges / team size
- How did you solve the problem of concurrency in your project.
- Which design patterns did you used ?
- Design LRU cache
- Ways to synchronized in memory cache with each other
- Write custom putIfAbsent by extending HashMap. Also handle concurrency/correctness
2) Technical round
- Best data structure for faster searching of string – Trie
- Optimize the size of trie by giving some other DS – Ternary search tree
- Trie vs Ternary search tree complexities
- Range queries – Segment tree
- Check if Tree is foldable or not
- Have you ever worked on any search engines ?
3) Technical round
- Discussion about project
- Use of serialversion UID
- Write hashmap implementation
- Given a array of numbers. Identify maximum difference between 2 numbers such that arr[x]<arr[y] and y>x
- Suggest design where multiple threads can access common piece of code
- Print binary tree in vertical order
4) Hiring manager round (Video call | BlueJeans)
- Detail discussion about one of the project
- Your role in project
- Last code review suggestions
- Interaction with product manager directly for whole project ?
- Two phase locking in sql
- ActiveMQ rollback strategy
- Identify slow queries and how to optimize them
- Conflicts in code reviews
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.