Expedia Interview Experience | Set 12 (On-Campus)
It consisted of 3 coding questions to be solved in 75mins.
- Given a range [m,n] , print the count of numbers having distinct digits. For eg, 12 is said to have all digits distinct while 121 is not.
- To find the maximum length of the subsequence from a given array of integers with difference between the elements as either 0 or 1.
- Given an array of integers, print all (i,j) pairs (in ascending order) having minimum difference.
Interview Round 1:
- A detailed discussion on my projects. I was asked to draw its schema along with a code snippet for a module.
- Given a binary tree, print the sum of all the nodes in vertical order. Asked for two approaches and code the same. The Code has to be production level code with proper initialization of variables.
- Design (with Normalization) Amazon OMS(Order Maintenance System).
- Again had a deep discussion on other projects of mine.
Interview Round 2:
In this round I was asked approaches for seven coding questions and out of them 3 was asked to code.
- A detailed discussion on my project. I used GPS API, so was asked to code for any one the function of that API.
- Given latitude and longitude of 2 locations find whether one lie in circumference of other or not. To write the API for same.
- It was a situation based question however it reduced to given an array of size n and an integer k, return the of count of distinct numbers in all windows of size k. Asked to write the code for same.
- Given two linked list, merge them such that all the similar elements are merged together. (You’re not allowed to sort and merge or take additional memory, should have O(n) approach)
- Print Top view of a binary tree. I gave a hashmap approach. However he wanted an approach using vertical order traversal which was asked in the previous round. We discussed the approach and I was asked to code the same.
- Given a Binary Tree, find the maximum sum path from a leaf to root. I was asked to code and then he did the dry run.
- Given an array and an integer k, find the maximum for each and every contiguous subarray of size k.
- Given an array of size n where all elements are in range from 0 to n-1, change contents of arr so that arr[i] = j is changed to arr[j] = i. (You’re not allowed to use auxiliary space)
- A coding question related to my internship. I was just asked the approach.
Interview Round 3:
- A deep discussion on my summer Internship. I was a QA intern at AIRTEL. So was asked about my role and work. He asked multiple questions related to testing.
- Difference between REST and SOAP.
- White Box and Black Box testing
- Few questions on API testing (Various tools, frameworks etc)
- Selenium IDE, Web Driver and Selenium RC
- Charles Proxy
- Methodology used
One needs to be well aware of the role and tasks in the internship.
- Situation based problem, which was reduced to :
Given n processes with their priorities how will you complete them.
Discussed all the CPU scheduling algorithms . Was asked pseudo code for the final solution.
- 1 behavioral question which I don’t remember . Sorry !
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using write.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!