Enables and disables are the built-in shell commands. enable command is used to start the printers or classes whereas the disable command is used to stop the printers or classes.
Syntax For enable Command:
enable [-a] [-dnps] [-f filename][name ...]
Syntax For disable Command:
disable [-c] [-W] [ -r [ reason ] ] printer
- -a : List all builtins with the message of whether it is enabled or not.
- -c : It will cancel the requests which are currently printing.
- -d : Delete a builtin loaded with `-f’.
- -W : Wait until the request currently being printed is finished before disabling printer. This option cannot be used with the -c option. If the printer is remote then the -W option will be silently ignored.
- -r reason : It assigns a reason for the disabling of the printer(s).
- printer : The name of the printer to be enabled or disabled.
- -n: Disable the names listed, otherwise names are enabled.