Generally, a lot of students are there who don’t get placed in their core branch companies. Or even this has happened many times that they aren’t paid well by their current companies. Still, even if the companies visit the campus, this is quite difficult for the CS/IT/ECE students to get placed in the companies they look for. Is there something else that we have missed? Yeah, we have missed something, and it is tracking off-campus drives. It is indeed a tough task, especially for the freshers, to track down worthwhile off-campus opportunities and apply for the same.
- What should the students or other college grads do at this point?
- Are they really wasting the money which their parents have invested in their Bachelor’s?
- Or is there something that is still worth knowing?
Here, they need to get much more knowledge about the exams apart from the ones going as per their curriculums. This could be a scorecard for them to have a knack for success in securing their position during their placement ventures. With such an exam, their worth of writing their remarkable success stories will increase for sure. And ELitmus is the key that will help them score the best package offered at a national level. Is there curiosity in your hearts for knowing about ELitmus and the syllabus pattern in 2021? Let’s begin the journey and enlighten our minds more about this ELitmus examination.
What is ELitmus?
ELitmus is an online portal that helps a lot to freshers or experienced candidates to get hired by the top multi-national tech companies. The actual name of the company is ELitmus Evaluation Private Limited and was founded, by employees who had worked at Infosys, in 2005. Till date, there are more than 60,000 candidates from approximately 37 cities of India who have taken the ph-Test or Hiring Potential Test and got an offer letter comprising awesome salary packages. You may count the companies like Accenture, McAfee, Novell, IBM, CGI, and the list keeps growing………
About ELitmus 2021
The test which ELitmus conducts is something we can’t ignore. Through this, the companies call either the entry-level job-seekers or the experienced candidates after they have enrolled themselves on the official website. But, here comes one more condition, and it is the percentage scored in the exam. And it should be more than 80 percent. Below this percentage, you can’t expect your candidacy with the core companies that will shortlist your 2021 ELitmus profiles. Thinking about how you will be able to score such a much-required percentage!! The solution is solving previous years’ ELitmus mock tests and then, you must evaluate your problem-solving speed and strategy. Moreover, if you prepare for ELitmus 2021 like this, then this will be flexible for you to get your card in the Fortune 500 companies. Such a card sounds interesting and also matches your interest in knowing more about the exam pattern, right!! Now, we will move towards the pattern of the ELitmus examination.
Exam Pattern of ELitmus in 2021
Pretty much sure, you must have heard about Amazon, Cisco Systems, Dell, Ericsson, Siemens, Bajaj Electricals, Schneider, and Mu Sigma. All these are hiring students from the scorecard of ELitmus. You may wonder if you could be the one who gets a chance in any of them. For that, you should know the exam pattern of ELitmus which the 2021 students of CS/IT/ECE will follow for their selection. This reason is much obvious – ELitmus changes its syllabus in a span of 2 or three months. This means after every two or three months, there will be a change in the topics and weightage of questions asked in the tests.
The pattern is like this: –
- Total Sections [Three] And at every section, you will see 20 questions. Each question is going to have a weightage of 10 marks. So, 20 × 3 sections = 60 questions [which are multiple-choice and non-adaptive]. It implies 60×10 [weightage marks of each question] Equals 600 Marks.
- In the first section, these questions will be from the Quantitative Aptitude like Number Systems, Probability, Permutation, and Combination.
- The second section will test how good you are at the English Language. The questions will be completing the not completed sentences, comprehensions, Para jumbles.
- The third or the last section will be the LR – Logical Reasoning. The questions are of Series, Puzzles, Blood Relations, Crypt arithmetic[This is the sub-part of LR and the number of questions will be varying from 4 to 5. If you solve them on time, then the ELitmus percentile will increase around 40%].
Negative Marking – Yes, it will be there. Now, Negative marking will start after 25% of the attempted questions have turned out to be wrong. For instance, if 16 are attempted wrong, then the total number of wrong answers which will be allowed is 4. If your wrong questions are less than 4, then there you won’t bear the consequences of negative marking. But, if 10 were wrong, then 6 out-of-those will attract a negative mark of 50% each.
And every section will independently be treated for -ve marking.
Eligibility Criteria in ELitmus
The eligibility criteria of this offline exam, with a time limit of 2 hours and validity of 2 years in which you can give the tests multiple times, isn’t much changed from 2020. Currently, M.E/M.Tech/MCA/MBA/M.SC Grads of CS or IT, B.E/B.Tech Graduates are eligible for appearing in the 2021-2022 pH-Test of ELitmus. However, some academic criteria are entertained by the core technology companies and the same is attached with the job ID published at the site. You can see that after you log inappropriately with your credentials.
ELitmus 2021 Syllabus
Candidates applying for ELitmus in the 2021 year must have complete information about the syllabus. This is because according to that, they will be preparing themselves by referring to some books or studying through videos of experts tutoring the students in private or government institutions.
1. Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Number System
- Permutation and Combination
- Ratio and Proportions
- Time And Work
- LCM And HCF
- Profit And Loss
- Series And Progression
- Surds and Indices
Solve around five to 8 questions in the Time 35 to 40 mins. And then, you can expect scoring good percentile. For this, just review these percentages.
Marks & Percentile of Quantitative aptitude
2. Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2021-2022
- Blood Relation
- Data Interpretation (Bar, Line, And Pie Charts)
- Data Sufficiency (Algebra And Arithmetic)
- Clock And Calendar
- Data Sufficiency(Geometry, Logic, and Miscellaneous)
- Direction Sense
- Seating Arrangement
Solve around 10 to fourteen questions in the Time 45 to 50 mins. And then, you can expect scoring good percentile. For this, just review these percentages.
Marks and Percentile of Logical Reasoning
Note: There will be 4 to 5 questions of Cryptarithmetic which are surely difficult to solve. But the benefit will be that it will increase your percentile till 40%.
3. Verbal English Syllabus 2021-2022
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Completion Tenses
- Para Jumbles
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para Completion and Inferences
- One Word Substitution
- Sentence Completion (Sub-Verb Agreement)
- Sentence Completion (Vocab and Articles)
- Sentence Correction
Solve around 10 questions in the Time 35 to 40 mins. And then, you can expect scoring good percentile. For this, just review these percentages.
Marks & Percentile of Verbal English
Registration Steps for the ELitmus 2021 Exam
Now, you have known about the examination pattern of ELitmus, its syllabus, eligibility criteria. Then what else are you still waiting – about the process of registration. There are some steps that you need to follow before you start preparing for this no sectional timing 920 INR ph-test that ELitmus has been successfully conducting for years. The students rigorously practicing previous years’ ELitmus Mock Tests must implement such the below-mentioned steps for checking their exam date already scheduled by the panel.
- Browse the official website www.elitmus.com.
- At the rightmost end, there are options of Login and Register. Use the Register one if you are new to the pH-Test. Otherwise, try your older credentials through Login.
- While you are using the Register option, add your appropriate email address and password [you need to enter the password two times]. Then, select the I am not a Robot option and hit the register box.
- Activating your ELitmus account is essential and for doing this, you need to open your mailbox and click the activation link for becoming eligible for the current year’s ELitmus test.
- Curious to check your test center and test date as well. Use https://www.elitmus.com/tests. All this is OK but where is your admit card that will be proof for giving the exam.
- To get your admit card for 2021, login with your email and password on the portal of eLitmus. Then, you can navigate like Tests≥My Tests. There, you will get the link for your ELitmus admit card generated. You can either download that or send that to your email address.
- Congrats, you have your admit card with a unique registration ID. If you wish, you can log out from this successfully implemented registration process.
Are you still worried about how will you start your preparation for getting selected in a test where the average yearly package is 5 Lakhs 50 thousand rupees!! If this is so, then GeeksforGeeks will always be there to preparing you from the scratch with its online course – ELitmus 2021 Test Series offered at a student-friendly price of INR 499/–
This Test Series will help you to prepare for the ELitmus 2021 exam in the most convenient and efficient way. It will make you familiar with the E-Litmus environment and help you to fetch maximum scores, provided you commit to us by regular practice and learning. Here, you can also get assistance regarding the doubts of Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal English, And Logical Reasoning questions.
You are a click away – register yourself for the course
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...