Using xlrd module, one can retrieve information from a spreadsheet. For example, reading, writing or modifying the data can be done in Python. Also, user might have to go through various sheets and retrieve data based on some criteria or modify some rows and columns and do a lot of work.
xlrd module is used to extract data from a spreadsheet.
Command to install
xlrd module :
pip install xlrd
Input File :
Code #1 :
Code #2 : Extract number of rows
Code #3 : Extract number of columns
Code #4 : Extracting all columns name
NAME SEMESTER ROLL NO
Code #5 : Extract first column
NAME ALEX CLAY JUSTIN
Code #6 : Extract a particular row value
['ALEX', 4.0, 2011272.0]]
- Python | Reading an excel file using openpyxl module
- Python | Excel File Comparison
- Python | Writing to an excel file using openpyxl module
- Python | Arithmetic operations in excel file using openpyxl
- Python | Trigonometric operations in excel file using openpyxl
- Python | Split given list and insert in excel file
- Python | Create and write on excel file using xlsxwriter module
- Python | Adjusting rows and columns of an excel file using openpyxl module
- Python - Reading last N lines of a file
- Reading and Writing JSON to a File in Python
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python program to reverse the content of a file and store it in another file
- Writing to an excel sheet using Python
- reStructuredText | .rst file to HTML file using Python for Documentations
- Python | How to copy data from one excel sheet to another
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Kailaskm1