1. YugabyteDB :
It is open-source, cloud-native, and high-performance distributed SQL database globally-distributed document store. It aims to make applications agile. Yugabyte is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. It is distributed and developed as an Apache 2.0 open source project.
2. Valentina Server :
It is an Object-relational database and reports server and fast object-relational database server. It includes integrated database servers, Valentina Database Server, and SQLite Database Server. It is a full-featured, standards-compliant multi-user access SQLite based database server.
Difference between Valentina Server and YugabyteDB :
|It is developed by Paradigma Software and initially released on 1994.||It is developed by Yugabyte Inc. and initially released on 2017 and current release on March 2020.|
|Its server operating systems of Valentina Server is Linux, OS X, Windows.||Its server operating systems of YugabyteDB is Linux, OS X.|
|Its primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Its primary database model is Relational DBMS.|
|Absence of Secondary database models in Valentina Server||Secondary database models of YugabyteDB is Document store and Wide column store|
|APIs and other access methods of Valentina Server is ODBC.||It supports YCQL, an SQL-based flexible-schema API with its roots in Cassandra Query Language.|
|It has Data Schema.||Data scheme of YugabyteDB is depending on used data model.|
|It doesn’t has Implementation language-C# .||Implementation language of YugabyteDB is C and C++.|
|Absence of Transaction concepts in Valentina Server.||Its Transaction concepts is Distributed ACID with Serializable & Snapshot Isolation. Inspired by Google Spanner architecture.|
|Absence of Replication methods.||Replication methods of YugabyteDB is based on Raft distributed consensus protocol, minimum 3 replicas for continuous availability.|
|It doesn’t hold Consistency concept.||It has strong consistency on writes and tunable consistency on reads.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Valentina Server and XAP
- Difference between Valentina Server and WakandaDB
- Difference between Valentina Server and Yaacomo
- Difference Between Valentina Server and Warp 10
- Difference between Valentina Server and VelocityDB
- Difference between Trafodion and Valentina Server
- Difference between Valentina Server and Weaviate
- Difference between Transbase and Valentina Server
- Difference between Valentina Server and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and VoltDB
- Difference between Valentina Server and Virtuoso
- Difference between Valentina Server and Vertica
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and Valentina Server
- Difference between Yanza and YugabyteDB
- Difference Between ToroDB and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Virtuoso and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Trafodion and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Transbase and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Yaacomo and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Vertica and YugabyteDB
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.