V-model is the most important model that is used in the process of software testing. It is also known as Verification and Validation Model. It is Introduced by the late Paul Rook in 1980s. V-model is a sequential process in which the next phase begins only after the completion of the present phase. In this model, steps don’t move in a linear way while the steps are bent upwards.
It is similar to Waterfall model because we follow V-model from left to right as well as follow a sequential path of execution of processes like as in waterfall model.in waterfall model steps are followed as requirements, design, implementation, verification and finally maintenance. In the same way, the same steps are followed in V-model. So we can say that V-model is the alternate of the waterfall model.
Difference between V-model and Waterfall model:
Besides that v-model is the alternate of the waterfall model. There is some difference between these two models which are given below.
|The cost of Waterfall model is low.||V-model is expensive.|
|Simplicity of Waterfall model is simple.||Simplicity of V-model is Intermediate.|
|Flexibility of Waterfall model is Rigid.||Flexibility of V-model is Little flexible.|
|Waterfall model is a sequential execution process.||It is also a sequential execution process.|
|Waterfall model’s steps move in a linear way.||V-model’s steps don’t move in linear way.||Re-usability of Waterfall model is Limited.||V-model can be Re-use for some extent.|
|User involvement in Waterfall model is only in beginning.||User involvement in V-model is also only in beginning.|
|In Waterfall model testing activities start after the development activities are over.||In V-model testing activities start with the first stage.|
|Guarantee of success through Waterfall model is low.||Guarantee of success through V-model is high.|
|Waterfall model is a continuous process.||V-model is a simultaneous process.|
|Software made using Waterfall model, the number of defects are less in comparison of software made using V-model.||Software made using V-model, the number of defects are greater in comparison of software made using Waterfall model.|
|Requirement specification in Waterfall model is necessary in beginning.||Requirement specification in V-model is also necessary in beginning.|
- Difference between Waterfall Model and Spiral Model
- Difference between Waterfall model and Incremental model
- Difference between RAD Model and Waterfall Model
- Software Engineering | Classical Waterfall Model
- Software Engineering | Iterative Waterfall Model
- Software Engineering | Failure of Waterfall model
- Difference between Agile Model and V-Model
- Difference between Agile Testing and Waterfall Testing
- Software Engineering | Pham-Nordmann-Zhang Model (PNZ model)
- Difference between Scrum Testing and V-Model Testing
- Waterfall Software Testing
- Software Engineering | W-Model
- Software Engineering | SDLC V-Model
- Mathematics | Hypergeometric Distribution model
- Software Engineering | Spiral Model
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : amritansh222000