Difference between Python and Lua Programming Language
Python is one of the most popular and powerful scripting languages that works nowadays. It is a high-level interpreted programming language. It is a very simple scripting language and very easy to learn as compared to other languages. Python programming language is best for both scripting applications and as standalone programs along with this, it is the fast choice of the professional who is working in the field of AI (Artificial Intelligence), ML (Machine Learning), Data Science, IoT (Internet of Things) etc. Its syntax and readability are very good so the maintenance cost is reduced. It supports various packages and modules which comes through program modularity and code reuse.
Some of the companies which are using Python: Uber, Netflix, Google, Facebook, Spotify, Instagram etc.
Advantages Of Python :
- It is an interpreted language.
- It provides a large library which is having web services, internet protocols, string operations.
- It is also an open-source license, which is free to use.
- It is easy to learn and it is also available for a supportive guideline.
- It is a user-friendly data structure.
- It has vast Libraries Support
- It has a good speed of run time execution.
Disadvantages Of Python :
- It is slower than C programming language and C++ language.
- For mobile development, it is not a very good programming language than others.
- There are some limitations for database access.
- It is not memory efficient.
- Runtime error
Lua is a high-level, general-purpose scripting programming language which is the best choice of game developers. It has a simple syntax with a powerful data description. It is a dynamic type of programming language. It has also automatic memory management and increment of garbage collection. It is cross-platform and very easy to embed into other application. Like Python, it is an open-source programming language which is built on top of C programming language. It is an extensible and lightweight programming language.
Some of the companies which are using Lua: Shopify, Thumbtack, Close, Unacademy, Kong, Tokopedia etc.
Advantages Of Lua :
- It has been efficient in-memory usages.
- It has an open-source license.
- It is very easy to insert in C programs.
- It is usually a very good scripting for games.
- It is very simple to use and also to learn.
- Its syntax is pretty good.
Disadvantages Of Lua :
- Some of its codes are needed to code manually.
- New language and it has a small community of users or clients.
- It makes mistake when we declare any variables.
- It doesn’t support general-purpose exception handling.
Table of Difference Between Python V/S Lua
|01.||Python is one of the most popular, powerful, high-level interpreted scripting language.||Lua is a high-level, general purpose, extensible and lightweight scripting language.|
|02.||It is a little hard to learn and start.||It is a little easy to learn and start.|
|03.||It supports inheritance and also allows creating classes with the help of inheritance.||It doesn’t support features like classes and inheritances.|
|04.||It has a mechanism for exception handling used to develop more robust applications.||It lacks in exception handling feature.|
|05.||It has an extension on library feature.||It has a limitation on the game-based library.|
|06.||Against Lua, Python is slow in speed.||It is faster in speed in comparison to Python.|
|07.||It is usually used for scripting application and also a stand-alone program.||It is used for game based or game engine type languages.|
|08.||It is famous in programming language world.||Relative to python, it is new scripting language.|
|09.||It has a large community and very good community support.||As it is new as compared to Python, it lacks a little in case of large community and high community support.|
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course