C is the procedural Programming language. It was designed to be compiled using a compiler. The Language has small and fixed number of keywords like if/else, for, while,.. etc. We can use more than one assignment that may be used in one statement in this language. Functions are also used here, it can return values that can be ignored, when not needed. All data has a type but we can convert it implicitly.
LISP is the second oldest high-level language. It is influenced by the notation of Alonzo Church’s lambda calculus Linked list is one of the most important data structure of this language. It was the first programming language where the structure of code is represented directly in the standard data structure. Lisp used the concept of automatic garbage collection.
Difference Between C Language and LISP Language
|COMPARISON FACTORS||C Language||LISP Language|
|Paradigm||C is a procedural programming language.||LISP support both functional and Object Oriented Programming Language.|
|Approach||C Program uses top-down approach.||LISP Program uses bottom-up approach.|
|Function||In C concept of virtual function is not present.||LISP supports virtual function also known as generic function.|
|Extension||C programs are saved in file with extension .c.||LISP programs are saved with extension.lisp.|
|Types||C is a middle level language.||LISP is a high level language.|
|Object Oriented Features||In C Polymorphism and Inheritance is not possible.||In LISP, it supports both Polymorphism and Inheritance.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Hardware Description Language and Software Language
- Difference Between Assembly Language And Machine Language
- Difference Between Machine Language and Assembly Language
- Difference between while(1) and while(0) in C language
- Difference between Java and C language
- Difference between %d and %i format specifier in C language
- Difference between Compiled and Interpreted Language
- Difference Between Go and Python Programming Language
- Difference between Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- What is the difference between a language construct and a “built-in” function in PHP ?
- Difference between Procedural and Non-Procedural language
- kbhit in C language
- Signals in C language
- C Language Introduction
- Stopwatch using C language
- fgets() and gets() in C language
- lvalue and rvalue in C language
- Features of C Programming Language
- Swift Programming Language
- How to use POSIX semaphores in C language
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.