In PLA or Programmable Logic Array, there are massive functions can be implemented. Whereas in PAL or Programmable Array Logic, there is finite functions can be implemented.
The distinction between PLA and PAL is that, PLA have programmable AND array and fixed or array. On the other hand, PAL have programmable AND array and programming OR array.
Let’s see that the difference between PLA and PAL:
|1.||PLA stands for Programmable Logic Array.||While PAL stands for Programmable Array Logic.|
|2.||PLA speed is lower than PAL.||While PAL’s speed is higher than PLA.|
|3.||The complexity of PLA is high.||While PAL’s complexity is less.|
|4.||The cost of PLA is also high.||While the cost of PAL is low.|
|5.||Programmable Logic Array is less available.||While Programmable Array Logic is more available than Programmable Logic Array.|
|6.||It is less used than PAL.||While it is more used than PLA.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Programmable Logic Array
- Programming Array Logic
- Array Multiplier in Digital Logic
- Difference between SOP and POS in Digital Logic
- BCD Adder in Digital Logic
- Introduction of Logic Gates
- Multiplexers in Digital Logic
- Counters in Digital Logic
- Latches in Digital Logic
- 5 variable K-Map in Digital Logic
- Encoder in Digital Logic
- Full Adder in Digital Logic
- Binary Representations in Digital Logic
- Half Adder in Digital Logic
- Encoders and Decoders in Digital Logic
- Variable Entrant Map (VEM) in Digital Logic
- Half Subtractor in Digital Logic
- Binary Decoder in Digital Logic
- n-bit Johnson Counter in Digital Logic
- Full Subtractor in Digital Logic
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378