1. Neo4j :
It is the most famous graph database management system and it is also a NoSQL database system which is developed by Neo4j, Inc. It is different from Mysql or MongoDB as it has its features that makes it special compared to other Database Management System. Neo4j also stores and present data in form of graph not in tabular format or not in a Jason format. In this whole data is represented by nodes and there you can create a relationship between nodes which means whole database collection will look like a graph, which makes Neo4j unique from other database management system.
2. SQLite :
It is a software library that provides a relational database management system (RDBMS). It was designed by D. Richard Hipp on August 2000. The objective of SQLite was to allow the program to be operated without installing a database management system (DBMS) or without requiring a database administrator. The meaning of Lite in SQLite is lightweight in terms of setup, database administration, and required resource.
Difference between Neo4j and SQLite :
|1.||It was developed by Neo4j, Inc.||It was developed by Dwayne Richard Hipp.|
|2.||It was initially released in 2007.||It was initially released on August 2000.|
|3.||It is written using Java and Scala language.||It is developed only in C language.|
|4.||Neo4j server operating systems are Linux, OS X, Solaris, and Windows.||It is server-less.|
|5.||Neo4j APIs and other access methods includes Bolt protocol, Cypher query language, Java API, Neo4j-OGM, RESTful HTTP, API, Spring Data Neo4j, TinkerPop 3.||APIs and other access methods include ADO.NET, JDBC and ODBC.|
|6.||It is data schema free and schema optional.||It is data schema free.|
|7.||Its primary database model is is Graph DBMS.||Its primary database model is Relational DBMS.|
|9.||It has Server-side scripts.||It does not have Server-side scripts.|
|10.||Neo4j is uesd by famous companies like medium.com., Stack, Fiverr, Fundamentei, Trendyol Group, double slash, ingsmen Software, GAPO, etc.||Famous companies like Gongos Research, Inc., American Well Corporation, Internet Brands, Inc., etc uses SQLite.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between SQLite and Cassandra
- Difference between MySQL and SQLite
- Difference between SQLite and MongoDB
- Difference between SQLite and MariaDB
- Difference between SQLite and PostgreSQL
- Difference between SQLite and CouchDB
- Difference between SQLite and Couchbase
- Difference between SQLite and MS SQL Server
- Difference between PouchDB and SQLite
- Difference between SQLite and IBM DB2
- Difference between Derby and SQLite
- Difference between Elasticsearch and SQLite
- Difference between SQLite and dBASE
- Difference between Teradata and Neo4j
- Difference between Neo4j and IBM DB2
- Difference between Neo4j and CouchDB
- Difference between Neo4j and MariaDB
- Difference between Neo4j and Redis
- Difference between Neo4j and Couchbase
- Difference between Neo4j and Cassandra
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.