Difference between JPEG and PSD
1. Joint Photographic Expert Group (JPEG) : Since June 1982, Working Group 8 (WG8) of ISO has been working on standard for the compression and decompression of still images. In June 1987, ten different techniques for coding color and gray-scales still images were presented. An adaptive transformation coding technique based on Discrete cosine Transform (DCT) achieved the best subjective results. PEG applies to color and gray-scaled still images. Video sequences can also be handle through a fest coding and decoding of still images, a technique is called Motion JPEG.
2. Photoshop Document (PSD) : PSD stands for “Photoshop document”It’s an application-specific proprietary format, but because of Photoshop’s dominant position in the pixel-editing world, PSD had become something of a quasi-standard. A number of other programs, even some that don’t cone from Adobe, support PSD as an additional file format-but usually as read-only or for import/export purpose, not as their true native file format.
Difference between JPEG and PSD :
||JPEG is the actually a standard format that is not tied to any application. Virtually all programs that deal with images are able to open and save in the JPEG format.
||PSD is the native file format for a Photoshop. In PSD, you only have Photoshop that can open the file.
||It is a standard image format.
||It is the document format for Photoshop.
||It can be viewed in a lot of applications.
||It can not viewed in a lot of applications.
||It does not support layers.
||It supports layers.
||It is supported by gadgets.
||It is not supported by gadgets.
||It is less longer than PSD.
||It is lot larger than JPEG.
||A JPEG is just a compressed bitmap.
||while a PSD is PhotoShop file and thus retains all the project information such as the layers and history.
||It is compressed single layer image.
||It is PhotoShop Document. It is an image with the editing layers saved with it.
||It is less popular photo editing software.
||It is very popular photo editing software.
Master Software Testing and Automation in an efficient and time-bound manner by mentors with real-time industry experience. Join our Software Automation Course
and embark on an exciting journey, mastering the skill set with ease!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Software Automation program
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 10,000+ Successful Geeks