Generally, we hear different designations about CS Engineers like Data Scientist, Data Analyst and Data Engineer. Let us discuss the differences between the above three roles.
- Data Analyst – The main focus of this person’s job would be on optimization of scenarios, say how an employee can improve the company’s product growth. Data Cleaning and organizing of raw data, analyzing and visualization of data to interpret the analysis and to present the technical analysis of data.
Skills needed for Data Analyst are R, Python, SQL, SAS, SAS Miner.
- Data Scientist – The predominant focus will be on the futuristic display of data. They provide both supervised and unsupervised learning of data, say classification and regression of data, Neural networks. The continuous regression analysis would be using machine learning techniques.
Skills needed for Data Scientist are R, Python, SQL, SAS, Pig, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Java, Perl.
- Data Engineer – Data Engineers concentrate more on optimization techniques and building of data in a proper manner. The main aim of a data engineer is continuously improving the data consumption. Mainly a data engineer works at the back end. Optimized machine learning algorithms were used for maintaining data and to make data to be available in most accurate manner.
Skills needed for Data Engineer are Pig, Hive, Hadoop, MapReduce techniques.
- Difference Between Computer Scientist and Data Scientist
- Difference between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist
- Difference between Data Scientist and Data Engineer
- Difference between Data Scientist and Software Engineer
- How to Become a Data Scientist in 2019: A Complete Guide
- How to Become a Chartered Data Scientist?
- Computer scientist vs Programmer vs Developer vs Hackers
- How to Become a Data Analyst in 2019: A Complete Guide
- Blog | Role of a System Analyst
- Difference between Computer Hardware Engineer and Computer Software Engineer
- Difference between Software Engineer and DevOps Engineer
- Difference between Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Difference between data type and data structure
- Difference between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Mining
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Science
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Mining
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Visualization
- Difference Between Data Science and Data Analytics
- Difference between Data Lake and Data Warehouse
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.