Difference between AWS and Heroku
1. Amazon Web Services (AWS) :
Amazon Web Services are the cloud platform services that offer Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) product. It offers many services to its users which incorporates management, analytics with data. It is an immense collection of cloud services with all needs. It is termed as Substation of storage, database and deployment offers to the users of AWS.
Very popular services of AWS are Amazon Simple Storage (S3) and Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
Following are some reasons for using AWS :
- It offers hybrid capabilities to your software by support for various previously known programming languages.
- It offers you service to deploy your application in various zones.
- Deployment is fast on AWS.
- It gives you high computational power.
2. Heroku :
Heroku is a cloud-based platform. It offers Platform as a service (PaaS) product. Heroku is based on AWS and its services are simpler to use than Elastic Compute Cloud. It supports efficient building, deploying, and fast scaling. It is popular for its add-on capabilities as it supports many alerts and management tools.
The services which are popular for Heroku are it helps you to create run-time applications without taking care of its infrastructure which is internally managed by the tool itself.
Following are some reasons for using Heroku :
- It gives a scalable platform to deploy products over the cloud without taking care of infrastructure.
- It offers many supportive tools with a powerful dashboard.
- It is very efficient for beginners and is supportive.
- It also supports for further integrations with AWS.
Differences between AWS and Heroku :
|Owner||Amazon Web services aka AWS is owned by Amazon.com||Heroku is owned by Salesforce.com|
|Hosted on||It is hosted on AWS servers||It hosted on proprietary servers|
|Types of Services||It offers Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS)||It offers Platform as a service (PaaS)|
|Database used||It uses Amazon RDS||It uses Heroku Postgres|
|Supported Architecture||Load balancer Platform, Database tier, Application tier.||Web server/load Balancer, Database tier.|
|Used by||Used by Medium Businesses and Large Enterprises||Used by Enterprise projects, Startups.|
|Complexity||It is little sophisticated and is used by professionals.||It is easy and is recommended for beginners|
|Languages||It supports Ruby, Docker, PHP, .NET and Python||It supports Node.js, Clojure, Scala, PHP and Python|
|Companies using||Yesware, Toyota and Westfield etc||Airbnb, Coursera and Atlassian etc.|