Antivirus is an application or software which provides security from the malicious software coming from the internet. An antivirus chases the method in which it performs 3 actions which are:
1. Detection 2. Identification 3. Removal
Antivirus deals with both external threats and internal threats. It is implemented only software not in hardware also.
Internet Security has the antivirus feature as well as some other features. It deals with protection and privacy against viruses, phishing, spyware etc. It also deals with all internet threats and cyber attacks. Internet security includes firewall, features of antivirus, email protection and parent control. Internet security deals with the protection of data, sent over the Internet for example: debit card number, credit card number, email_passwords, bank account details etc.
Let’s see the difference between Antivirus and Internet Security:
|1.||Antivirus is used to eliminates or removes malicious software.||Internet Security have the antivirus feature as well as some other features.|
|2.||Antivirus does not include firewall.||While internet security includes firewall.|
|3.||Antivirus is either free or less costlier than internet security.||Internet security is costlier than antivirus.|
|4.||Antivirus has no parent control.||While internet security has parent control.|
|5.||It deals with the protection and security against Viruses, Worms, and Trojan Horses.||While it deals with protection and privacy against viruses, phishing, spyware etc.|
|6.||Antivirus make users alert about the risky websites.||While internet security also alert users as well as block such risky URLs.|
|7.||Antivirus is the optional for a computer.||While internet security is compulsory for the network.|
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Difference between Firewall and Antivirus
- Difference between Antivirus and Antimalware
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Difference between Network Security and Cyber Security
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Internet and Intranet
- Difference between Network and Internet
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference between Internet and Extranet
- Difference Between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference Between Security and Protection
- Difference between Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Difference between Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Internet of Everything
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.