1. Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) :
It is a protocol that is used for communication between applications. It is a lightweight, protocol which supports the applications for its transfer of data. This protocol is used for it scalability and modularity with the technologies.
2. Java Message Service (JMS) :
It is an application program interface (API) that supports the communication for the computer in a network. It is a powerful API used for receiving the messages generated during the communication.
Differences between AMQP and JMS :
|Abbreviation||Advanced Message Queuing Protocol.||Java Message Service.|
|Developed by||It was developed by JPMorgan Chase.||It was developed by Sun Microsystems.|
|Working||All the AMQP compatible clients can talk to each other.||The application should use JMS API to communicate.|
|Message Model used||It uses Direct, Fanout, Topic and Headers.||It uses Publish/Subscribe and P2P (Point to Point).|
|Data types used||AMQP only uses and supports binary data type.||JMS supports five data types named MapMessage, ObjectMessage, Text message, StreamMessage and BytesMessage.|
|Security||Security is supported by Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL).||Security is not provided and it is depended with the JMS provider.|
|Data Flow||It is the producers which sends the message and then it is queued.||It is managed by the producers and send directly to the topic.|
|Technology flexibility||It is flexible with many technologies.||It is not technology flexible as made only for Java.|
- Difference between AMQP and HTTP protocols
- Differences between PointToPoint and Publish/subscribe model in JMS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
- What’s difference between “array” and “&array” for “int array” ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.