N-ary tree refers to the rooted tree in which each node having atmost k child nodes. The diameter of n-ary tree is the longest path between two leaf nodes.
Various approaches have already been discussed to compute diameter of tree.
1. Diameter of an N-ary tree
2. Diameter of a Binary Tree in O(n)
3. Diameter of a Binary Tree
4. Diameter of a tree using DFS
This article discuss another approach for computing diameter tree of n-ary tree using bfs.
Step 1: Run bfs to find the farthest node from rooted tree let say A
Step 2: Then run bfs from A to find farthest node from A let B
Step 3: Distance between node A and B is the diameter of given tree
Diameter of n-ary tree is 3
- Diameter of an N-ary tree
- Diameter of a tree using DFS
- DP on Trees | Set-3 ( Diameter of N-ary Tree )
- Diameter of a Binary Tree
- Diameter of a Binary Tree in O(n) [A new method]
- Possible edges of a tree for given diameter, height and vertices
- Diameter of a Binary Indexed Tree with N nodes
- Finding the lexicographically smallest diameter in a binary tree
- Make a tree with n vertices , d diameter and at most vertex degree k
- Maximum sub-tree sum in a Binary Tree such that the sub-tree is also a BST
- Complexity of different operations in Binary tree, Binary Search Tree and AVL tree
- Print Binary Tree levels in sorted order | Set 3 (Tree given as array)
- Given level order traversal of a Binary Tree, check if the Tree is a Min-Heap
- Convert an arbitrary Binary Tree to a tree that holds Children Sum Property
- Convert a given Binary tree to a tree that holds Logical OR property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : andrew1234