Cyber System Security as the name suggest to protect our system from cyber attacks, malicious attacks. It is basically to advance our security of the system so that we can prevent unauthorized access of our system from attacker.
In today’s world the attacker become more advanced to crack the security of any system so it is our responsibility to make our security advance because attacker can misuse the data against us which will create a problem for us.
For example we can take example of cyber attack in India when our more than 200 websites were hacked by a group of Bangladesh including Border Security Force website (BSF).
Another example is attack on hydro power plant in New York, attack on power grid in Iran. These attacks were very big which threatened the whole world and also these attacks were big threatened to country security.
The security of computer security depends on three goals that are Confidentiality, Integrity, Authenticity. These Goals are basically threatened by attacker. There are various software to protect our information that are anti-spyware, antivirus, Firewall which helps in authorized access of information. There are other security system such as Intrusion Detection System, Cryptography, Digital Signature which will help us in protecting our system from attack.
So, in advance various threat models should be design with their solution to protect our confidentiality of information from an unauthorized access and also accessing the vulnerability will also help in protection because it is the weakness of computer itself which can be easily targeted by the attacker.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Difference between Network Security and Cyber Security
- Principal of Information System Security : Security System Development Life Cycle
- Cyber Security in Cloud computing
- Cyber Security in Context to Organisations
- Information Security and Cyber Laws
- Zero-day Exploit (Cyber Security Attack)
- Why are Smart Cities Most Vulnerable to Cyber Security Risks?
- Requirements and Responsibilities For Cyber Security Entry-Level Jobs
- System Security
- Information System and Security
- Security Management System
- Principle of Information System Security
- Hash Functions in System Security
- Principal of Information System Security : History
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.