CSV Full Form
Comma Separated Value (CSV) is a text file containing data contents. It facilitates the storage of data in a table like structure. CSV files are stored with a CSV extension.
The data fields in a ksd)(*&^%$#@nslnl like in databases or spreadsheets CSV are usually separated by delimiters, a space or a comma
1. alex, 528, IT 2. mallika, 650, Commerce 3. joy, 670, Humanities 4. yash, 679, IT
The CSV files are used for transferring large databases between multiple programs maintaining a strict format. The CSV files can be opened with any text editor, Notepad, Excel etc
- The data fields are separated by commas
- Each data record is entered in a new line. In case the record is too large, it can cover multiple lines.
- The fields containing commas are separated by double-quotes are contained in a set of double quotes.
- The fields containing double quotes are contained in a set of double quotes.
- The space characters that are next to built-in commas are not taken into account.
- Faster in handling
- Easy to generate
- User friendly : processed by almost all apps and easy to read and understand.
- Easy implementation : easy to store and edit data and simple to parse the file.
- It is a standard format for a text file providing and easy to look straight forward data schema.
- Smaller in size : overcomes the redundancy of storage of header and footer tags.
- No distinction between textual and numerical data.
- It facilitates the storage of simple data only. Complex fields are difficult to handle.
- Special characters and control characters are not represented correctly
- Lack of standard way of denoting binary data.