Given a positive integer N, the task is to count the total number of unset bits in the binary representation of all the numbers from 1 to N. Note that leading zeroes will not be counted as unset bits.
Input: N = 5
Integer Binary Representation Count of unset bits 1 1 0 2 10 1 3 11 0 4 100 2 5 101 1
0 + 1 + 0 + 2 + 1 = 4
Input: N = 14
- Iterate the loop from 1 to N.
- While number is greater than 0 divide it by 2 and check the remainder.
- If remainder is equal to 0 then increase the value of count by 1.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n | Set 2
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to N | Set 3
- Python map function | Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Count unset bits of a number
- Count unset bits in a range
- Python | Count unset bits in a range
- Count total bits in a number
- Unset the last m bits
- Count total number of N digit numbers such that the difference between sum of even and odd digits is 1
- Unset bits in the given range
- Count of numbers whose 0th and Nth bits are set
- Check whether all the bits are unset in the given range
- Check whether all the bits are unset in the given range or not
- Find the smallest number with n set and m unset bits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : AnkitRai01