Given an integer K and a numeric string str (all the characters are from the range [‘0’, ‘9’]). The task is to count the number of sub-strings of str that are divisible by K.
Input: str = “33445”, K = 11
Sub-strings that are divisible by 11 are “33”, “44” and “3344”
Input: str = “334455”, K = 11
Approach: Initialize count = 0. Take all the sub-strings of str and check whether they are divisible by K or not. If yes then update count = count + 1. Print the count in the end.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Efficient approach :
The idea is use a hashMap to store the remainders of each suffix of the string so that any suffix if it is already present int the hashmap then the substring between them is divisible by k.
Below is the implementation of above approach.
Number of sub strings : 9
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Number of substrings divisible by 6 in a string of integers
- Number of substrings divisible by 8 but not by 3
- Number of substrings divisible by 4 in a string of integers
- Find number of substrings of length k whose sum of ASCII value of characters is divisible by k
- Number of substrings with length divisible by the number of 1's in it
- Count ways to split a Binary String into three substrings having equal count of zeros
- Count number of substrings with exactly k distinct characters
- Count Substrings with equal number of 0s, 1s and 2s
- Count of distinct substrings of a string using Suffix Trie
- Count of distinct substrings of a string using Suffix Array
- Count of total anagram substrings
- Count substrings with same first and last characters
- Count of Palindromic substrings in an Index range
- Recursive solution to count substrings with same first and last characters
- Number of substrings with count of each character as k
- Count of substrings of a binary string containing K ones
- Permutation of given string that maximizes count of Palindromic substrings
- Count substrings that starts with character X and ends with character Y
- Count number of substrings with numeric value greater than X
- Count the number of vowels occurring in all the substrings of given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.