Given an integer n, the task is to find the number of trailing zeros in the function i.e. f(n) = 11 * 22 * 33 * … * nn.
Input: n = 5
f(5) = 11 * 22 * 33 * 44 * 55 = 1 * 4 * 27 * 256 * 3125 = 86400000
Input: n = 12
Approach: We know that 5 * 2 = 10 i.e. 1 trailing zero is the result of the multiplication of a single 5 and a single 2. So, if we have x number of 5 and y number of 2 then the number of trailing zeros will be min(x, y).
Now, for every number i in the series, we need to count the number of 2 and 5 in its factors say x and y but the number of 2s and 5s will be x * i and y * i respectively because in the series i is raised to the power itself i.e. ii. Count the number of 2s and 5s in the complete series and print the minimum of them which is the required answer.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
$val /= 2;
// If we get a factor 2 then we
// have i number of 2s because
// the power of the number is
// raised to i
$count_of_two += $i;
while ($val % 5 == 0 && $val > 0)
$val /= 5;
// If we get a factor 5 then
// we have i number of 5s
// because the power of the
// number is raised to i
$count_of_five += $i;
// Take the minimum of them
$ans = min($count_of_two, $count_of_five);
// Driver code
$N = 12;
// This code is contributed by ita_c
- Count number of trailing zeros in product of array
- Count number of trailing zeros in Binary representation of a number using Bitset
- Count unique numbers that can be generated from N by adding one and removing trailing zeros
- Smallest number divisible by n and has at-least k trailing zeros
- Find the smallest number X such that X! contains at least Y trailing zeros.
- Count trailing zeroes in factorial of a number
- Count numbers having N 0's and and M 1's with no leading zeros
- Trailing number of 0s in product of two factorials
- Smallest number with at least n trailing zeroes in factorial
- Number of trailing zeroes in base B representation of N!
- Largest number with maximum trailing nines which is less than N and greater than N-D
- Check if the given array can be reduced to zeros with the given operation performed given number of times
- Count number of triplets with product equal to given number with duplicates allowed
- Count Number of animals in a zoo from given number of head and legs
- Find count of digits in a number that divide the number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.