Prerequisites : Object Oriented Programming in Python, Object Oriented Programming in Python | Set 2
Constructors are generally used for instantiating an object.The task of constructors is to initialize(assign values) to the data members of the class when an object of class is created.In Python the __init__() method is called the constructor and is always called when an object is created.
Syntax of constructor declaration :
def __init__(self): # body of the constructor
Types of constructors :
- default constructor :The default constructor is simple constructor which doesn’t accept any arguments.It’s definition has only one argument which is a reference to the instance being constructed.
- parameterized constructor :constructor with parameters is known as parameterized constructor.The parameterized constructor take its first argument as a reference to the instance being constructed known as self and the rest of the arguments are provided by the programmer.
Example of default constructor :
Example of parameterized constructor :
First number = 1000 Second number = 2000 Addition of two numbers = 3000
- Perl | Constructors and Destructors
- Difference between the Constructors and Methods
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : dhineshbala