Two strings are given and you have to modify 1st string such that all the common characters of the 2nd strings have to be removed and the uncommon characters of the 2nd string have to be concatenated with uncommon characters of the 1st string.
Input : S1 = "aacdb" S2 = "gafd" Output : "cbgf" Input : S1 = "abcs"; S2 = "cxzca"; Output : "bsxz"
This problem has existing solution please refer Concatenated string with uncommon characters of two strings link. We can solve this problem quickly in Python using Set and List Comprehension. Approach is simple,
- Convert both strings into set so that they could have only unique characters. Now take intersection of two sets to get common character both strings have.
- Now separate out those characters in each string which are not common in both of them and concatenate the characters.
- Concatenated string with uncommon characters of two strings
- Python - String uncommon characters
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings | Set 2
- Nth character in Concatenated Decimal String
- Python - Remove front K characters from each string in String List
- Maximum Consecutive Zeroes in Concatenated Binary String
- Print Kth character in sorted concatenated substrings of a string
- Print the final string when minimum value strings get concatenated in every operation
- Python | Extract only characters from given string
- Python | Get positional characters from String
- Iterate over characters of a string in Python
- Python | Split string into list of characters
- Check if both halves of the string have same set of characters in Python
- Python | Return lowercase characters from given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Code_Mech