Two strings are given and you have to modify 1st string such that all the common characters of the 2nd strings have to be removed and the uncommon characters of the 2nd string have to be concatenated with uncommon characters of the 1st string.
Input : S1 = "aacdb" S2 = "gafd" Output : "cbgf" Input : S1 = "abcs"; S2 = "cxzca"; Output : "bsxz"
This problem has existing solution please refer Concatenated string with uncommon characters of two strings link. We can solve this problem quickly in Python using Set and List Comprehension. Approach is simple,
- Convert both strings into set so that they could have only unique characters. Now take intersection of two sets to get common character both strings have.
- Now separate out those characters in each string which are not common in both of them and concatenate the characters.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Concatenated string with uncommon characters of two strings
- Python - String uncommon characters
- Python - Convert Dictionary to Concatenated String
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings | Set 2
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings
- Generate a string whose all K-size substrings can be concatenated to form the given string
- Nth character in Concatenated Decimal String
- Maximum Consecutive Zeroes in Concatenated Binary String
- Print Kth character in sorted concatenated substrings of a string
- Python - Remove front K characters from each string in String List
- Print the final string when minimum value strings get concatenated in every operation
- Python - Key with all Characters in String
- Python | Get positional characters from String
- Python - String with most unique characters
- Iterate over characters of a string in Python
- Python | Extract characters except of K string
- Python | Extract only characters from given string
- Python | Uncommon elements in Lists of List
- Python - Characters Index occurrences in String
- Python | Removing unwanted characters from string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Code_Mech