Two strings are given and you have to modify 1st string such that all the common characters of the 2nd strings have to be removed and the uncommon characters of the 2nd string have to be concatenated with uncommon characters of the 1st string.
Input : S1 = "aacdb" S2 = "gafd" Output : "cbgf" Input : S1 = "abcs"; S2 = "cxzca"; Output : "bsxz"
The idea is to use hash map where key is character and value is number of strings in which character is present. If a character is present in one string, then count is 1, else if character is present in both strings, count is 2.
- Initialize result as empty string.
- Push all characters of 2nd string in map with count as 1.
- Traverse first string and append all those characters to result that are not present in map. Characters that are present in map, make count 2.
- Traverse second string and append all those characters to result whose count is 1.
This article is contributed by Harshit Agrawal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Concatenated string with uncommon characters in Python
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings | Set 2
- Print the final string when minimum value strings get concatenated in every operation
- Python program to find uncommon words from two Strings
- Total length of string from given Array of strings composed using given characters
- Find the number of strings formed using distinct characters of a given string
- Generate a string whose all K-size substrings can be concatenated to form the given string
- Reorder the given string to form a K-concatenated string
- Nth character in Concatenated Decimal String
- Print Kth character in sorted concatenated substrings of a string
- Maximum Consecutive Zeroes in Concatenated Binary String
- Strings formed from given characters without any consecutive repeating characters
- Permutation of a string with maximum number of characters greater than its adjacent characters
- Rearrange the characters of the string such that no two adjacent characters are consecutive English alphabets
- Count of ungrouped characters after dividing a string into K groups of distinct characters
- Min flips of continuous characters to make all characters same in a string
- String with k distinct characters and no same characters adjacent
- Meta Strings (Check if two strings can become same after a swap in one string)
- Common characters in n strings