Given a string S and an integer K. The task is to form a string T such that the string T is a reordering of the string S in a way that it is a K-Concatenated-String. A string is said to be a K-Concatenated-String if it contains exactly K copies of some string.
For example, the string “geekgeek” is a 2-Concatenated-String formed by concatenating 2 copies of the string “geek”.
Note: Multiple answers are possible.
Input : s = “gkeekgee”, k=2
eegkeegk is another possible K-Concatenated-String
Input: s = “abcd”, k=2
Output: Not Possible
Approach: To find a valid ordering that is a K-Concatenated-string, iterate through the entire string and maintain a frequency array for the characters to hold the number of times each character occurs in a string. Since, in a K-Concatenated-string, the number of times a character occurs should be divisible by K. If any character is found not following this, then the string cant be ordered in any way to represent a K-Concatenated-string, else there can be exactly (Frequency of ith character / K) copies of the ith character in a single copy of the k-Concatenated-string. Such single copies when repeated K times form a valid K-Concatenated-string.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N), where N is the length of the string.
- Minimal moves to form a string by adding characters or appending string itself
- Check if a string can be rearranged to form special palindrome
- Check if characters of a given string can be rearranged to form a palindrome
- Check if the characters in a string form a Palindrome in O(1) extra space
- Find the character in first string that is present at minimum index in second string
- Find the smallest window in a string containing all characters of another string
- Count occurrences of a string that can be constructed from another given string
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Rearrange given string to maximize the occurrence of string t
- Check if frequency of character in one string is a factor or multiple of frequency of same character in other string
- PHP | String Functions
- PHP | Reverse a String
- C | String | Question 6
- C | String | Question 11
- C | String | Question 1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.