Given a string S and an integer K. The task is to form a string T such that the string T is a reordering of the string S in a way that it is a K-Concatenated-String. A string is said to be a K-Concatenated-String if it contains exactly K copies of some string.
For example, the string “geekgeek” is a 2-Concatenated-String formed by concatenating 2 copies of the string “geek”.
Note: Multiple answers are possible.
Input : s = “gkeekgee”, k=2
eegkeegk is another possible K-Concatenated-String
Input: s = “abcd”, k=2
Output: Not Possible
Approach: To find a valid ordering that is a K-Concatenated-string, iterate through the entire string and maintain a frequency array for the characters to hold the number of times each character occurs in a string. Since, in a K-Concatenated-string, the number of times a character occurs should be divisible by K. If any character is found not following this, then the string cant be ordered in any way to represent a K-Concatenated-string, else there can be exactly (Frequency of ith character / K) copies of the ith character in a single copy of the k-Concatenated-string. Such single copies when repeated K times form a valid K-Concatenated-string.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N), where N is the length of the string.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Minimal moves to form a string by adding characters or appending string itself
- Check if a string can be rearranged to form special palindrome
- Check if characters of a given string can be rearranged to form a palindrome
- Check if the characters in a string form a Palindrome in O(1) extra space
- Find the character in first string that is present at minimum index in second string
- Find the smallest window in a string containing all characters of another string
- Rearrange given string to maximize the occurrence of string t
- Count occurrences of a string that can be constructed from another given string
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Check if frequency of character in one string is a factor or multiple of frequency of same character in other string
- C | String | Question 12
- C | String | Question 13
- C | String | Question 11
- C | String | Question 10
- C | String | Question 9
- C | String | Question 8
- C | String | Question 7
- C | String | Question 6
- C | String | Question 5
- C | String | Question 4
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : princi singh