Cognizant GenC Interview Experience | On-Campus 2022
Hello everyone! Recently, Cognizant visited our campus and I appeared for their GenC assessment. So, here is a detailed dive into my experience with the company. Take a look!
Note: Earlier, Cognizant used to conduct an online assessment, based on which students were shortlisted for either GenC or GenC Next profiles. Unlike previous years, the company conducted separate exams for GenC, GenC Elevate, and GenC Next this year. Also, Cognizant made it clear that a student can choose to sit for only one profile and he/she cannot appear for other Cognizant profiles if they get rejected. So, our teachers advised us to wisely select a profile among GenC, GenC Elevate, and GenC Next. So I chose GenC.
Round 1: Online Test
Time: 100 minutes
We had the online test on 4th September 2021. It comprised of three sections:
- Verbal Ability
- Logical Reasoning
The results rolled out on 11th September 2021. Around 540 students appeared for the online assessment, and only 240 were shortlisted for the interview. I was one of them.
Round 2: Technical Interview
My technical interview was scheduled for 29th September. Here are the questions that the interviewer asked me:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Did you make any projects?
- Explain any one of them. (He asked many things while I was explaining)
- As you mentioned about AWS, can you briefly explain to me about AWS?
- What is Hadoop?
- Give me an SQL function to extract the first and last names from a table and print them without spaces?
- What are local variables?
- What is OOP? Explain in detail.
- Why Cognizant?
Finally, he told me that the interview was over and he would give my feedback to HR.
Round 3: HR Interview
- On 1st October, the technical interview results rolled out. My HR interview was scheduled for 2nd October.
- It was basically a document verification round where they asked me to share my meeting screen and showcase the soft copies of my Aadhar card, PAN card, and class 10th mark sheet.
Overall, the exam experience with Cognizant was seamless and highly cooperative.