Cisco Interview Experience | Set 15 (On Campus – Software Engineer)
(Role: Software Engineer)
1. Tell me about yourself.(Spoke until the interviewer browsed through the resume).
2. Reversing a singly linked list.
3. Check whether the given array of elements is a heap or not.
4. Write test cases for both questions and explain how you go about to generate test cases.
1. Storage classes in C. Where do you use them?
2. volatile keyword and its usage in C and Java.
3. What does static do in case of static variable and static function.
4. Write a recursive function to print the numbers from 1 to 100 with the parameter passed being 100 using recursion. Explain the recursive stack.
5. Explain what happens when an interrupt occurs. Also explain the various layers and events involved when a process context switch occurs.
Note: All the above questions were not directly asked. They were asked based on different scenarios.(Except in case of the recursion stack question).
1. What is the best example that one can use to explain the concept of networking to a layman?
2. Why Cisco?
3. What is your field of interest?
4. What designation do you prefer?
5. Questions about things in my resume(Asked me to speak in German, why not go for higher studies as I had written that I was a member of Higher Education Forum).
6. Questions about project.
7. What other company interviews did you attend? Why did you fail to be selected?
1. Tell me what was your most difficult obstacle in life and how did you overcome it? What were the preparations that you made?
2. Areas of interest.
3. Where do you prefer to be placed? (Had option to be placed in Bangalore/Pune).
Result: Placed as Software Engineer in Cisco.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!