Cisco Interview Experience for SDE | On-Campus 2021
Role – Software Development Engineer
Round 1: This round was conducted on HackerRank platform. Round 1 consisted of 15 MCQs and 1 coding problem.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- The MCQs section is comprised of quants, logical, computer networks (status code mainly), operating system, oops.
- The coding problem was of medium difficulty. It was a variant of counting letter frequency of a string along with some conditions. It the difficult to figure out the approach for the problem. Once it’s clear the conditions were so obvious that you could do with a sequence of if-else statements.
Round 2: There were two people in the panel. It lasted for about 1hour.
- It started with an introduction from my side, followed by a detailed discussion on my projects.
- A simple design problem based on auction bidding was asked. Outline of the functions and attributes was only expected. The question was so clear that you could gather all the attributes from it.
- Phases of the software development lifecycle were expected to be known. After a brief discussion on the phases, he asked, “whom do you prefer carrying with you for collecting requirements from the clients? Developer or Tester and why?
- A SQL query based on group by and count.
- Puzzle: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/hungry-worm-and-old-tree-riddle-puzzle/
Round 3: There were two people in the panel. It lasted for about 20 minutes.
- A quick introduction and a brief discussion on my projects.
- It was followed by phases of SDLC again.
- Puzzle: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-7-find-the-jar-with-contaminated-pills/
Tips: Practice the puzzles in the link. This will enhance your way of approaching the puzzle even if you aren’t familiar with it.
- This was a typical HR round.
- Started with a quick introduction and shared my experience throughout the day.