Prerequisite : Pattern matching with Regular Expression
In this article, we will need to accept a string and we need to check if the string contains any URL in it. If the URL is present in the string, we will say URL’s been found or not and print the respective URL present in the string. We will use the concept of Regular Expression of Python to solve the problem.
Input : string = 'My Profile: https://auth.geeksforgeeks.org/user/Chinmoy%20Lenka/articles in the portal of http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/' Output : URLs : ['https://auth.geeksforgeeks.org/user/Chinmoy%20Lenka/articles', 'http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/'] Input : string = 'I am a blogger at https://geeksforgeeks.org' Output : URL : ['https://geeksforgeeks.org']
To find the URLs in a given string we have used the findall() function from the regular expression module of Python. This return all non-overlapping matches of pattern in string, as a list of strings. The string is scanned left-to-right, and matches are returned in the order found.
Urls: ['https://auth.geeksforgeeks.org/user/Chinmoy%20Lenka/articles', 'http://www.geeksforgeeks.org/']
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Python Set | Check whether a given string is Heterogram or not
- Python | Check if given string is numeric or not
- Python | Check for spaces in string
- Python | Check if a variable is string
- Python | Check for ASCII string
- Python set to check if string is panagram
- Python | Check if string repeats itself
- Python | Check whether string contains only numbers or not
- Python | Check for float string
- Python | Ways to check if given string contains only letter
- How to check if a string is a valid keyword in Python?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.