Prerequisite– Python tkinter
In this article, we are going to write a python script to extract news articles from Google News Feed by using gnewsclient module and bind it with a GUI application. gnewsclient is a python client for Google News Feed. This API has to installed explicitly first in order to be used.
The following terminal command installs gnewsclient package along with all its required libraries. So, one just simply has to run this command in their terminal.
pip install gnewsclient
Using the module
- Import the gnewsclient module
- Create a NewsClient object and set current parameter settings
- Get news feed
Following code depicts how other factors like location, language and topic can be printed from information collected by this module:
Program 2: This code implements the methodology of program 1 in GUI.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Fetching top news using News API
- Build an Application to extract URL and Metadata from a PDF using Python
- Build an Application to Search Installed Application using Python
- Build a GUI Application to Get Live Stock Price using Python
- Build a GUI Application to get distance between two places using Python
- Build an Application for Changing PC's Wallpaper using Python
- Build an Application for Screen Rotation Using Python
- Build an GUI Application to Get Live Air Quality Information Using Python.
- Build a GUI Application to ping the host using Python
- How to add RSS Feed and Sitemap to Django project?
- Build an Application to translate English to Hindi in Python
- Read latest news using newsapi | Python
- Newspaper scraping using Python and News API
- Scrape most reviewed news and tweet using Python
- Implementing News Parser using Template Method Design Pattern in Python
- Python Desktop News Notifier in 20 lines
- Python | Django News App
- Python | Build a REST API using Flask
- Build a simple Quantum Circuit using IBM Qiskit in Python
- Build a Virtual Assistant Using Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.