News API is a simple HTTP REST API for searching and retrieving live news articles from all over the web. Using this, one can fetch the top stories running on any news website or can search top news on a specific topic (or keyword).
News can be retrieved based on some criteria. Say the topic (keyword) to be searched is ‘Geeksforgeeks’ or might be concerned to a specific channel. All can be done, but the API key is needed to get started.
Steps : 1. Visit https://newsapi.org/ to get your own API key. 2. Install requests package.
Below is the implementation of above idea :
1 Italy to lift coronavirus travel restrictions 2 White House 'Operation Warp Speed' to look for Covid jab 3 Two Americas in the nation's capital 4 Kobe Bryant helicopter crash post-mortem released 5 Little things people are doing while socially distanced 6 The last 'normal' photo on your phone 7 'They came to kill the mothers' 8 EU-UK Brexit trade talks in trouble 9 Trial starts to see if dogs can 'sniff out' virus 10 Beatles photographer Astrid Kirchherr dies aged 81
Note : Output may change based on the top articles at time.
- Python | Django News App
- Facebook News Feed Algorithm
- Newspaper scraping using Python and News API
- Read latest news using newsapi | Python
- Python Desktop News Notifier in 20 lines
- EdgeRank Algorithm - Algo behind Facebook News Feed
- Fetching text from Wikipedia's Infobox in Python
- Python Django | Google authentication and Fetching mails from scratch
- ML | BIRCH Clustering
- Python program to convert any base to decimal by using int() method
- Check whether count of odd and even factors of a number are equal
- History of Computer Games
- Couchbase Installation
- wxPython - Collapse() method wx.TreeCtrl
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : araxk19