A backlink is a link on a website that connects back to a particular website. From a client’s point of view, backlinks give an approach to individuals to discover different sources of information on equivalent or related topics. It is a type of citation or hyperlink, in which someone can refer to your website. A webpage containing a lot of backlinks tended to rank higher on all significant web search engines. Backlinks are also known as inbound links, in links, incoming links or inward links.
Some Terminologies in Backlinks:
- Do-Follow Link: By default, all the links that are added to a blog post are do-follow links. Do-Follow Links count as points, pushing SEO link juice and boosting the page rank of the linked websites to assist them to go higher in the SERP (Search Engine Results (Page).
- No-Follow Link: No-Follow Link does not boost page rank. This link is helpful when users are linking their website to an unreliable site.
- Link Juice: Whenever a webpage is linked to content, it passes link juice. This link juice helps in the high positioning of that content. It also improves the domain authority.
- Anchor Text: Anchor text is a text or content that is utilized for hyperlinks (link one web page to another).
Approaches to Build Backlinks:
- Blog Comments: In case of information isn’t provided or explained very well in a blog or article, you can make a suggestive remark or comment to provide that information. Some of the time, you will see that the comment from another blog reader is long. So you can provide the link of an article or website to provide an outlined answer.
- Public Relations: Make a list of websites or blogs that are related to your skills. At that point, you can contact different bloggers and if they are keen on what you need to state, they will cite your website as a source.
- Guest Posting: It is the act of contributing free content to another website or blog in return for a backlink to your own site. These links can be used to cite information inside the body of the post.
- Broken Link Building: Too many broken links can negatively affect a website. Broken link building is a technique that includes bringing up a link on another website that is no longer working and also requesting a link to your website in return. It is also known as Dead link building.