Aspiring Minds Interview Experience | Software Engineer
Position: Software Engineer
Online Assessment 1:
The test was conducted from home at AMCAT platform and it consisted of four sections:
- It consisted of basic english questions like usage of verbs, vocabulary
based questions and comprehension passage.
- It consisted of quantitative aptitude questions from time and work, Percentages,
Averages, Calendars, etc.
- This section was based on logical reasoning and consisted of questions from
directions, number series, etc.
- This was a coding section in which we were allowed to code in various
languages.There were two coding questions in this section.
One was a basic level string based question and the other
question was of medium difficulty.
Online Assessment 2:
Selected students were invited on-site.This was an online round and was conducted on-site
at AMACT platform.It consisted of two sections:
- One section consisted of simple computer fundamental questions.
It consisted of basic questions from DS, Algorithms and C programming.
- Second section was purely based on machine learning concepts and algorithms.
Two positions were opened for the candidates.
- The candidates who did extremely well in both the sections were selected for Research Engineer position.(20-30 students were selected)
- The candidates who did moderately well in both the sections were selected for software engineer position.(100-150 students were selected)
Onsite Interview : I was selected for Software Engineer Position.There were 2 interview rounds to be conducted.
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me about yourself
- Search a number in a binary search tree and also tell the level in which it is present.
Areas to work upon while preparing for coding interviews:
- Understand the question properly asked by the interviewer
- Give various scenarios and the test cases and ask different
questions in order to understand the question properly.
- Ask the right questions to clarify your doubts.
- Analyze the problem clearly and write various patterns on the paper
- Try to find brute force solution first.
- Then tell the optimised solution and try to tell the solution logically.
- Also check for the edge cases while thinking about your solution.
- NULL checks, overflows and also check test the boundary conditions
- Practice on pen and paper.
Keep a smile on your face while giving an interview 🙂 All the best!!!
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!