Array class in C++
The introduction of array class from C++11 has offered a better alternative for C-style arrays. The advantages of array class over C-style array are :-
- Array classes knows its own size, whereas C-style arrays lack this property. So when passing to functions, we don’t need to pass size of Array as a separate parameter.
- With C-style array there is more risk of array being decayed into a pointer. Array classes don’t decay into pointers
- Array classes are generally more efficient, light-weight and reliable than C-style arrays.
Operations on array :-
1. at() :- This function is used to access the elements of array.
2. get() :- This function is also used to access the elements of array. This function is not the member of array class but overloaded function from class tuple.
3. operator :- This is similar to C-style arrays. This method is also used to access array elements.
The array elements are (using at()) : 1 2 3 4 5 6 The array elements are (using get()) : 1 2 3 4 5 6 The array elements are (using operator) : 1 2 3 4 5 6
4. front() :- This returns the first element of array.
5. back() :- This returns the last element of array.
First element of array is : 1 Last element of array is : 6
6. size() :- It returns the number of elements in array. This is a property that C-style arrays lack.
7. max_size() :- It returns the maximum number of elements array can hold i.e, the size with which array is declared. The size() and max_size() return the same value.
The number of array elements is : 6 Maximum elements array can hold is : 6
8. swap() :- The swap() swaps all elements of one array with other.
The first array elements before swapping are : 1 2 3 4 5 6 The second array elements before swapping are : 7 8 9 10 11 12 The first array elements after swapping are : 7 8 9 10 11 12 The second array elements after swapping are : 1 2 3 4 5 6
9. empty() :- This function returns true when the array size is zero else returns false.
10. fill() :- This function is used to fill the entire array with a particular value.
Array empty Array after filling operation is : 0 0 0 0 0 0
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using write.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.