Amazon WoW Internship Interview Experience 2021
Difficulty Level: Medium-Hard
Online Assessment 1:
- Date – 17/08/2021
- Mettl Platform
- Time – 90 minutes
- 9 Sections – 41 Questions
- 1 Coding questions + 40 Objectives
MCQ Topics (5 Questions Each Section)
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- SQL Queries
- Software Testing
- Software Engineering
Online Assessment 2: Date – 25/08/2021
- Code Debugging (6 Code Snippets) – 20 minutes
- Coding Test (2 Coding Questions) – 70 minutes
- Workstyles Assessment – 20 minuntes
- Reasoning Ability (24 Questions) – 35 minutes
Interview Round: Date – 10/10/2021
Started with the Introduction. Without wasting any second, he came to the coding part
He asked a coding question-
- Given an array of strings. Print first non-repeating string from the stream of strings in the given array.
Input -> ["a","b","c","b","a"] Output -> ["a","a","a","a","c"]
I gave 3 different approaches
Approach 1: Brute Force
He asked me to optimize it.
Approach 2: I gave the second approach by using a queue and a map.
But queue operations needed O(n) time so he asked to optimize it and do it in constant time by using some other linear data structure.
Approach 3: I didn’t know the solution prior so I kept thinking about it. After discussing and thinking a lot I came up with a solution.
I explained my approach by using a doubly-linked list and a map. Then he asked me to code it down.
I gave the whole working code.
I was finally hired for the Internship at Amazon. I would like to thank GeeksforGeeks which helped me a lot in my preparation.
Please Login to comment...